Friday 19 December 2014

Merry Christmas!

Firstly I'm going to wish you Merry Christmas in case I don't get chance to later. It's a busy period and I've been on here less than I would have liked. This is partly due to work and my partner being in hospital. Thankfully he's okay and on the mend but my mind wasn't really in the blog writing mindset.

Christmas gift wise I'm almost done, just a few things for my other halves family which he was going to get but I'm sure they'll understand why they're late! I always worry I'm not spending enough or the gifts aren't good enough but I've tried my hardest and stretched my bank balance as much as I can so maybe I should start realising it is enough (or almost at least haha).

This time of year can make me feel a little less lonely because family is closer but I dread the upcoming January. After New Years there is nothing to look forward to apart from rainy days and empty pockets. Maybe my feet won't freeze one morning. The after Christmas blues hit me strong. In an active attempt to avoid them I've been thinking of taking up some hobbies which might help me forget where I am in time. I've always been fascinated with making "my own" look. Wigs and strange make up with mix of random clothes so I want to start making my own clothes! I don't want to start with sewing (because I can't afford a sewing machine !! ) and knitting and winter seem to go hand in hand. I have a old pair of needles and two balls of wool packed up somewhere from a failed attempt to knit last year so I will get them out and trying knitting a scarf to warm up those January Blues.

Have a Merry Christmas and keep your head up!

No comments:

Post a Comment